- Download 0
- File Size 5.35 MB
- File Count 1
- Create Date October 12, 2020
- Last Updated May 23, 2021
Azure DevOps | DevOps for Azure Applications
DevOps for Azure Applications
In the world of software development, the need of the hour is short turnaround on all product development lifecycles, also known as the Agile methodology. The Agile methodology is based on customer feedback and supports rapid innovation. Such innovation requires a new processes and tools. Welcome to DevOps. This book is your hitchhiker’s guide to DevOps product development!
Who Should Read This Book?
This is a technical book that provides immense value to developers and releases engineers. Project managers will find it useful to understand the workflows related to DevOps.
What You Will Learn
You will learn what it takes to set up a DevOps environment in order to support an Azure deployment. That includes the following topics:
- Overview of DevOps for Azure deployments, including a survey of the available tools.
- Cookbook-style guidance on using the stand-alone tools Octopus Deploy and TeamCity to manage your DevOps environment.
- Cookbook-style guidance on using an integrated developer platform—Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS).
- Starter code samples for you to kick-start your environment and processes using the techniques elaborated in the book.
We appreciate your investment in this book. We would love to hear from you to improve this and future offerings
DevOps for Azure
DevOps is all about automating the application deployment process. It addresses the drawbacks associated with manual application deployment. The application deployment process contains several steps—from writing code to deploying the created release to the target environment, i.e., Microsoft Azure Cloud. This chapter discusses the need for DevOps, the DevOps functions, the application deployment process, and the DevOps tools.